Conveniently Located to Serve Scarsdale
Your skin is the largest organ of your entire body. It is also susceptible to a wide variety of ailments, some of which are common and easily treatable, others less common and quite difficult to treat.
In rare cases, skin ailments can snowball into life-threatening conditions. If you notice anything out of the ordinary on your skin, you need to visit a dermatologist and have it diagnosed immediately. They have an in-depth knowledge of all skin conditions and are trained to treat them to maintain your skin health and prevent disease.
Medical Services in Scarsdale
- Acne Treatment – Our acne treatment options include laser skin resurfacing, chemical peels, photodynamic blue light therapy, antibiotics, and topical treatments. We customize our approach to your unique skin needs, helping you achieve a clear, radiant complexion.
- Eczema & Dry Skin – For eczema and dry skin, we offer steroidal creams, antibiotics, phototherapy, topical corticosteroids, and moisturizers. Our dermatologists are experts in managing these common skin conditions, providing relief and improving skin health.
- Pediatric Dermatology Services – We specialize in pediatric dermatology procedures in Scarsdale, offering treatments for eczema, acne, contact dermatitis, psoriasis, congenital skin disorders, and the removal of warts, birthmarks, and moles. Your child’s skin health is in safe hands at Westchester Center for Dermatology.
- Psoriasis Treatment – Our psoriasis treatment includes creams, lotions, phototherapy, and prescribed medications. We work closely with you to manage and alleviate the discomfort associated with psoriasis.
- Sclerotherapy for Varicose Veins – Sclerotherapy is an effective treatment for varicose veins, involving the injection of a special solution that causes the vein to collapse and fade. It’s a minimally invasive procedure with a high success rate in improving the appearance and symptoms of varicose veins.
- Skin Allergy Patch Testing – Skin allergy patch testing is crucial in identifying and managing allergic reactions. We perform comprehensive testing to pinpoint allergens, allowing for personalized treatment plans and a better quality of life.
- Skin Cancer & Mohs Surgery – Mohs Micrographic Surgery, a gold standard for skin cancer treatment, boasts an exceptional success rate. Our skilled dermatologists specialize in skin cancer diagnosis and treatment, ensuring the best possible outcomes for our patients.
- Stretch Marks Treatments – We offer advanced light therapy options to minimize the appearance of stretch marks. Boost your skin’s appearance and schedule a consultation today with our cosmetic dermatology specialists!
- Toenail Fungus – Our prescription cream is designed to effectively treat toenail fungus, providing relief and restoring healthy toenails.
Common Skin Conditions
Let us take a look at some of the most common skin conditions:
- Acne – This manifests as red, pimple-shaped bumps on the surface of the skin.
- Actinic keratoses – These rough patches of skin can develop into skin cancer.
- Blistering disorders – These include pemphigoid and pemphigus, which are autoimmune conditions that are more common in developing countries. In some cases, certain medications can cause blisters. Epidermolysis bullosa, which is a term that is used to refer to a group of inherited disorders of the skin, can also cause blisters.
- Skin cancer – This includes squamous cell carcinoma, basal cell carcinoma, and melanoma, which is the most fatal of the three.
- Connective tissue disorders – These include autoimmune diseases like lupus and dermatomyositis, which is a rare muscle disease that can cause rashes on the skin. Vasculitis is another common connective tissue disorder. It can cause the blood vessels to constrict. Other diseases of this type include morphea and scleroderma, which are two conditions that can cause your skin to harden.
- Dermatitis – This skin inflammation manifests in the form of redness, rashes, and itchiness.
- Excessive hair growth or hair loss – These issues can be caused by a variety of factors, including hormone level irregularities, stress, and skin conditions like psoriasis.
- Hyperhidrosis – This condition is characterized by generalized or localized excessive sweating.
- Psoriasis – This is an autoimmune disease, and its most common indicator is red skin with white and scaly patches.
- Pigmentation disorders – These include vitiligo, which causes people with darker skin to develop lighter areas of skin.
- Lymphoma – This sometimes cancerous blood cell tumor can result in enlarged lymph nodes and many other issues.
- Leg ulcers – These inflamed sores on the legs can be classified as venous or arterial and are at risk for infection.
- Moles – These raised skin lesions are usually brown or black and are benign in nature.
- Rashes – These can be caused by medication, allergies, or a chronic skin condition like eczema. A common rash is lichen planus, which can affect the mouth, and dermatitis herpetiformis, which is a very itchy rash that is related to gluten sensitivity.
- Skin infections – These include infections that are difficult to treat in people who have weak immune systems.
- Warts – These include all types of warts, including those that are the result of STDs.
- Genital disorders – These include infections of the skin and sexually transmitted diseases.
Most Common Treatments
Our experienced staff will diagnose your skin condition and come up with an individualized plan based on your symptoms and medical history. Some of the most common treatments include the following:
- Topical and oral medication – These can either be prescribed or purchased over the counter.
- Excisional surgery – This is done to remove suspicious skin growths and moles.
- Mohs micrographic surgery – This is used for the treatment of non-melanoma skin cancers.
- Laser therapy – This is used to treat a range of cosmetic and medical problems.
- Anti-aging treatments – These are designed to improve the appearance of your skin as you grow older.
Why Choose Westchester Center for Dermatology?
At Westchester Center for Dermatology, we combine the expertise of our board-certified dermatologists with the latest advancements in cosmetic and medical dermatology. We prioritize patient comfort, satisfaction, and the achievement of your skincare goals. Our state-of-the-art facility, personalized treatment plans, and unwavering commitment to excellence make us the preferred choice for dermatology procedures in Scarsdale.
Contact Us Today!
Choose Westchester Center for Dermatology for the best in cosmetic and medical dermatology services. Your skin deserves the finest care, and we’re here to provide it. Contact us today to book your consultation and experience the difference in skincare excellence.